If you’re looking for a fiscal sponsor for your charitable project,
you’re in the right place
When it comes to looking for a fiscal sponsor, you have some options:
- Ask around your network for local options,
- Visit the wonderful Fiscal Sponsor Directory and pick from a long list of listed organizations,
- Or maybe reach out cold to a handful organizations that you’ve heard of that offer fiscal sponsorship.
And one (or several) of those options have worked for many in the past, but if you’re looking to remove a lot of the uncertainty in this process, while also becoming more educated on what your fiscal sponsorship relationship could look like, you have an choice that previously was not avaiable.
In doing this work for almost a decade, we have heard many stories of groups that went with a fiscal sponsor because it was the only option they thought they had — and the results are really mixed.
In response to this, and as part of our mission to help everyone have the best fiscal sponsorship experience possible, we developed our Fiscal Sponsor Navigator (FSN) service. With FSN, we will help you understand the FS landscape and develop customized recommendations for you of fiscal sponsor organizations that may be a fit for your project.
And if it makes sense, we can even make introductions to those fiscal sponsors. And the whole thing usually takes about 4 weeks.
Once you schedule your introductory phone call, we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your situation. If we move forward, we’ll put together some follow-up questions and, once we get those answered, we’ll provide you with custom recommendations and suggested next steps. Then, we’ll have a follow-up call to discuss the recommendations and review your questions.
We’ll then be available via email for 60 days following our call for additional questions.
It’s that simple.
- The fee for the Fiscal Sponsor Navigator is usually between $2,500-$3,000 depending on your specific needs.
- Length of Engagement: We can usually get the introductory call scheduled within a week or so. The report will then be ready within 4 weeks. Then We’ll be available via email for 60 days following.
Finding a fiscal sponsor is often filled with lots of uncertainty and questions — let us help you answer some of those and find the right “home” for your project.
Have a question about this service? Please see the FAQ below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started? Click the button below.
Click Here to Schedule Your Call
What is the Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator?
- The Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator is a consulting engagement to help leaders of startup nonprofits make informed decisions around which fiscal sponsors are the best fit for their projects. No matter what stage you are at, Schulman Consulting can help you weigh your options and provide you with individual guidance and recommendations, specific to your needs.
Who is the Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator for?
- The Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator is for startup and early stage projects doing focused on doing charitable work.
How does this work?
- Once you schedule your introductory call we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your situation. After that call, we’ll ask some follow-up questions and then put together a written report with custom recommendations and suggested next steps. Then, we’ll have a follow-up call to discuss the recommendations and review your questions. we’ll then be available via email for 60 days following our call for additional questions.
How come I’ve never seen anything like this before?
- Good question. Fiscal sponsorship is a growing and evolving corner of the nonprofit sector and being utilized more an more by a wide variety of projects. The number of organizations that are providing fiscal sponsorship is also growing and the services they provide — and ways in which they provide them — is evolving too. Schulman Consulting is connected to this sector at a level that can’t be matched anywhere else and sharing our knowledge and expertise to help you make the best decision possible for your project is part of our broader mission.
What if I’m already considering one or more sponsors? Is this service still worth it for me?
- Possibly. If you’ve already identified one or more sponsors that may be a fit, we can review your list and include it in our list — or just vet the sponsors that you bring to the table. You can also still take advantage of the educational parts of this engagement to better prepare yourself for what life under fiscal sponsorship could be like, as well as take advantage of the warm introductions to the relevant sponsors.
How much does the Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator service cost?
- In most instances, this service costs between $2,500-$3,000. By moving forward with your project, you and we both agree to our terms of service.
What are the payment terms for the Fiscal Sponsorship Navigator?
- Payment, via ACH or check, must be submitted before we move forward.
Is Schulman Consulting acting as a “broker”? And is the firm paid by fiscal sponsors for directing projects to certain organizations?
- Unequivocally no to both of those questions. We can’t promise your project will be accepted by an specific sponsors, guarantee placement or anything along those lines. What we can do is evaluated your specific project/situation and provide a list of recommended sponsors that we believe to be a great fit. Also, a warm introduction doesn’t hurt.As for payments from sponsors, we accept no commissions, finder’s fees or anything similar related to this work. For these engagements, you are our only client and we provide objective recommendations.
How can you learn enough about my situation in just a few emails and a phone call to develop a custom solution for me?
- We understand this concern. Every organization and situation is somewhat unique and we take that into account when discussing your situation with you and providing guidance. But the reality is that many organizations face similar sets of questions of issues at each stage of their development, and that means we’re able to offer these services at cost-effective rates.
What if I’m not happy with the results?
- Our goal is to provide you the tools, information, and peace of mind to understand what’s ahead and confidently make decisions, no matter where you are in the lifecycle. Our success is based on your success. If we start a project and determine that we can’t provide you with actionable recommendations, we will refund your money. If we get to the end of the project and you’re not satisfied with the results, we will make best efforts, to provide you with the information and resources that meet your needs.
You haven’t answered my question yet – how can I reach you?
- The easiest way is to fill out the contact form over here, or you can email us at email@example.com
Ok, I’m ready to get started – what’s next?