For startup groups considering fiscal sponsorship, this service provides you with the knowledge and know-how to make this crucial decision
If you are planning to start a new nonprofit today, you have more options than ever before:
- Maybe being your own legal entity and getting 501(c)(3) status is the best option
- Perhaps fiscal sponsorship makes more sense
- What about becoming a for-profit B Corp or LC3?
- Or maybe there are other paths your organization should consider.
With our Organizational Pathfinder service, we will help you understand your unique options and walk you through the possibilities so you can make an informed decision.
And if it makes sense, we can even introduce you the right people to help you take the next step — whether it’s someone to help you with your IRS and incorporation paperwork, an accountant, or even some potential fiscal sponsors where you would be a fit.
No matter what your ultimate path, coming to us BEFORE you meet with an attorney can save you thousands of dollars and make the time you spend with a lawyer that much more efficient.
Once you schedule your introductory phone call, we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your situation. If we move forward, I’ll put together some follow-up questions and, once we get those answered, I’ll provide you with custom recommendations and suggested next steps. Then, we’ll have a follow-up call to discuss the recommendations and review your questions.
I’ll then be available via email for 60 days following our call for additional questions.
It’s that simple.
- The fee for the Organizational Pathfinder is usually between $4,000-$5,000 depending on your specific needs.
- Length of Engagement: We can usually get the introductory call scheduled within a week or so. The report will then be ready within 4 weeks. Then I’ll be available via email for 60 days following.
Starting a nonprofit is often filled with lots of uncertainty and questions — let us help you answer some of those and get things started on the right foot.
Have a question about this service? Please see the FAQ below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started? Click the button below.
Click Here to Schedule Your Call
What is the Organizational Pathfinder?
- The Organizational Pathfinder is a consulting engagement to help leaders of startup nonprofits make informed decisions around where their organizations should ‘live.’ No matter what stage you are at, Schulman Consulting can help you weigh your options and provide you with individual guidance and recommendations, specific to your needs.
Who is the Organizational Pathfinder for?
- The Organizational Pathfinder is for startup and early stage nonprofits.
How does this work?
- Once you schedule your introductory call we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your situation. After that call, I’ll ask some follow-up questions and then put together a written report with custom recommendations and suggested next steps. Then, we’ll have a follow-up call to discuss the recommendations and review your questions. I’ll then be available via email for 60 days following our call for additional questions.
How come I’ve never seen anything like this before?
- Good question. Today, more than ever before, there are more options for startup nonprofits — and, for many, being an independent 501(c)(3) may not be the best decision. Also, startup nonprofits usually do not have much money to spend on consulting services so there aren’t many consultants that focus on this group.
How much does the Organizational Pathfinder service cost?
- In most instances, this service costs between $4,000-$5,000. By moving forward with your project, you and we both agree to our terms of service.
What are the payment terms for the Organizational Pathfinder?
- Payment, via credit card or check, must be submitted before we move forward.
How can you learn enough about my situation in just a few emails and a phone call to develop a custom solution for me?
- We understand this concern. Every organization and situation is somewhat unique and we take that into account when discussing your situation with you and providing guidance. But the reality is that many organizations face similar sets of questions of issues at each stage of their development, and that means we’re able to offer these services at cost-effective rates.
What if I’m not happy with the results?
- Our goal is to provide you the tools, information, and peace of mind to understand what’s ahead and confidently make decisions, no matter where you are in the lifecycle. Our success is based on your success. If we start a project and determine that we can’t provide you with actionable recommendations, we will refund your money. If we get to the end of the project and you’re not satisfied with the results, we will make best efforts, to provide you with the information and resources that meet your needs.
You haven’t answered my question yet – how can I reach you?
- The easiest way is to fill out the contact form over here, or you can email us at email@example.com
Ok, I’m ready to get started – what’s next?