Ready to start a fiscal sponsorship program at your nonprofit?
You’re in the right place.
Becoming a fiscal sponsor is easy — you offer to help out a friend or assist a local startup organization. Or maybe the Board and senior leadership have made an intentional decision to launch a fiscal sponsorship program.
But doing it well is the hard part — and if your organization is launching a fiscal sponsorship program — or considering it — now is the time to get everything setup properly. And we can help.
If you’re reading this page, you probably already know that if done poorly, fiscal sponsorship can be a time suck, end up costing your organization money and even put your 501(c)(3) status at risk. And while you may have read about the “six ways to do it right,” you might not know that there are many more ways to do it wrong.
We can help.
Our Right from the Start service will help you systematically get your Program off the ground, ensure you’ve covered all of your bases and provide you with a blueprint AND the knowledge run it successfully.
What would it mean to you to have a partner who understands how success fiscal sponsorship programs are run and what it takes to get them going?
What would it mean for you to know that your Program:
- is totally in compliance and your risk is managed?
- will run without straining your staff or operating budget?
- is a source of pride and positive energy?
What would it mean to your community and your organization if you could do fiscal sponsorship “the right way” from Day One?
Well, that is exactly what we do — take you through a five-stage process to plot your path to success, tackling subjects like:
- What types of fiscal sponsorship should your organization offer?
- What should your costs and fee structure look like?
- What processes and procedures to do you need to put in place?
- What kind of insurance, and at what levels, do you need?
- What additional benefits can, and should, you offer to projects?
Specifically, we provide:
- A Fiscal Sponsorship Roadmap so your goals are clear and you know exactly what to expect from your program.
- A viable financial model so you know what it costs to run, and where the money’s coming from.
- A risk and legal assessment so you can sleep at night knowing your program is compliant and protected.
- A customized program manual and process guide so that you can serve your Projects without overburdening your staff.
- Strategic marketing and communications recommendations.
- A live, in-person or web-based training so that you can launch with everyone on the same page.
Fiscal sponsorship a noble endeavor — but that doesn’t mean it can’t hurt your organization. Wouldn’t you like to make sure your program gets started the right way?
- The fee for the Right from the Start is usually between $10,000-$14,000, but varies depending on your specific needs and program. Please book a time to discuss.
- Length of Engagement: We can usually get the introductory call scheduled within two weeks or so, and if we move forward, the Program usually takes about 3-4 months to complete. After the training, we’ll be available via phone and email for 60 days to provide immediate support. (Additional, ongoing support can also be included for an additional fee.)
Because of the size and nature of these engagements, we only take on one per quarter. If you’re interested, please email or book an introductory call now (by clicking the button below) to see when we could get started.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Book Now”]
Have a question about this service? Please see the FAQ below or email us at email@example.com.
What is the Right from the Start service?
- The Fiscal Sponsorship Right from the Start service is a consulting engagement to help leaders of nonprofits create a fiscal sponsorship program within their organization.
Who is the Right from the Start service for?
- The Fiscal Sponsorship Right from the Start service is for nonprofits that are launching a fiscal sponsorship program in a meaningful way.
How does this work?
- Once you schedule your introductory call we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your current situation. After that call, we’ll set a start date after which I’ll work with you to do a thorough review of your work to date and determine the next steps. We’ll put together findings and recommendations along with the relevant materials and resources. Then, if desired, we’ll conduct a training for your team and will be available via email following the training session for additional questions.
How come I’ve never seen anything like this before?
- Good question. Today, more than ever before, there are more options for startup nonprofits — and offering fiscal sponsorship is being seen by more and more nonprofits as a way to help those in their communities successfully start new projects. There are legal and accounting guides to help organizations create and manage a fiscal sponsorship program, but the time is right for a specialized service focused on the operational aspects of running a fiscal sponsor.
How much does the Right from the Start service cost?
- It depends on a number of factors, so the cost can vary a bit, but it usually runs in the $10,000-$14,000 range. This is a sizeable investment, especially for organizations that are just launching a fiscal sponsorship program, but it will save time and money down the road by setting things up correctly from the beginning. By moving forward with your project, you and we both agree to our terms of service.
What are the payment terms for the Right from the Start?
- Payments are usually made in two equal installments — one before the work gets started, one after the initial recommendations are provided.
What if I’m not happy with the results?
- Our goal is to provide you the tools, information and peace of mind to understand what it takes to run a successful fiscal sponsorship program — and actually do it. Our success is based on your success. If we start a project and determine that we can’t provide you with actionable recommendations, we will refund your money. If we get to the end of the project and you’re not satisfied with the results, we will make best efforts, to provide you with the information and resources that meet your needs.
You haven’t answered my question yet – how can I reach you?
- The easiest way is to fill out the contact form over here, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok, I’m ready to get started – what’s next?