For Sponsors that want expert counsel and industry best practices at their fingertips
If you’ve ever wished there was an on-call, fiscal sponsorship expert available to answer questions, provide solutions and provide reality checks for you, your staff and your Board — there is. We call it the Fiscal Sponsor Retainer.
You, your team and your Board no doubt have lots of questions…and not enough answers.
What if you had a partner, who you could call or email to help you answer questions and provide industry best practices?
With our extensive experience working with fiscal sponsors, sponsored projects and other nonprofits, we have a unique understanding and knowledge base of how different organizations have successfully handled the same issues you and your team are facing — and aren’t exactly sure how to resolve.
With our Fiscal Sponsor Retainer, you and your organization have an expert by your side to provide objective guidance and help you troubleshoot when issues arise.
- The fee for Separation Retainer is $1,000 monthly retainer (3 month minimum)*
- Length of Engagement: As long as you and your organization need it.
*Please note, in certain circumstances, we offer our retainer on an hourly basis. If you think that might better fit your organization’s needs, set up a call and we can discuss it.
Have a question about our Fiscal Sponsor Retainer service? Please see the FAQ below or email us at email@example.com.
And if you’re ready to get started, click the blue button below to get schedule your introductory phone call.
Click Here to Schedule Your Call
What is the Fiscal Sponsor Retainer service?
- The Fiscal Sponsor Retainer is a consulting engagement to help leaders of fiscal sponsors overcome problems and solve issues related to running their fiscal sponsorship program.
Who is the Fiscal Sponsor Retainer for?
- The Fiscal Sponsor Retainer is for fiscal sponsors, both those that are established and those that are new, emerging or operate on a more ad hoc basis.
How does this work?
- Once you schedule your introductory call we’ll get on the phone for 20 minutes to talk through your current situation. After that call, I’ll follow up with some additional questions and then you’ll be free to contact me by email, phone or text with questions, issues or just to discuss ideas, plans and whatever comes up.
How much time/access to do we get for that base fee?
- For the base-level, flat-fee monthly retainer, Schulman Consulting will be available for up to 3 hours/month. In addition, we will respond to your emails within 1 business day and be available for phone calls or virtual meetings usually within 1 business day.
How come I’ve never seen anything like this before?
- There has never before been a consulting firm dedicated to the fiscal sponsorship community and focused on the operations of running a fiscal sponsor organization. With the specialized, industry-wide knowledge that we have (and continue to add to), we believe this service could benefit a variety of fiscal sponsorship providers.
How much does the Fiscal Sponsor Retainer service cost?
- The fee for this service is $1,000/month for a minimum of three (3) months. By moving forward with your project, you and we both agree to our terms of service.
What are the payment terms for the Fiscal Sponsor Retainer?
- Payments are made monthly, one more in advance. So, in a three-month arrangement, the first payment comes prior to the start of the contract and each subsequent payment comes prior to the start of the next month.
What if I’m not happy with the results?
- Our goal is to provide you the tools, information and peace of mind to understand what it takes to run a successful fiscal sponsorship program — and actually do it. Our success is based on your success. If we get to the end of the project and you’re not satisfied with the results, we will make best efforts, to provide you with the information and resources that meet your needs.
You haven’t answered my question yet – how can I reach you?
- The easiest way is to fill out the contact form over here, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok, I’m ready to get started – what’s next?